1. What information do we collect and how do we use it?
1. As a accounting, taxation service and corporate compliance service provider we are subject to legislative and regulatory requirements to obtain and hold detailed information which personally identifies you and/ or contains information or an opinion about you (“personal information”). In addition, to provide you with a comprehensive Accounting services & advisory service we need to obtain certain personal information about you. We provide any information that any other engaged advisor (such as: engaged auditors, financial planners or insurers) whom we deal with on your behalf need to implement your accounting and taxation strategies.
2. We also use your information to send you requested product information and promotional material and to enable us to manage your ongoing requirements, e.g. further tax advice regarding your investments, and our relationship with you, e.g. invoicing, client surveys etc.
3. We may occasionally notify you about new services and special offers, events or articles we think will be of interest to you. We may send you regular updates by email or by post on accounting advisory matters. If you would rather not receive this information or do not wish to receive it electronically, email or write to us.
4. We may use your information internally to help us improve our services and help resolve any problems.
2. What if you don’t provide some information to us?
1. We can only fully advise you if we have all relevant information. If the information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete, our advice may not be suitable for your needs and circumstances.
3. How do we hold and protect your information?
1. We strive to maintain the reliability, accuracy, completeness and currency of the personal information we hold and to protect its privacy and security. We keep personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with any applicable legal or ethical reporting or document retention requirements.
2. We have access to the information collected from you using secure external online server facility powered by our software partners as listed on our website. We will strive to maintain the privacy of this data for our part, but we encourage you to ensure you practice the highest level of online security for your personal logins when using these softwares.
3. We ensure that your information is safe by limiting access to your personal data to your adviser and his/her associate as requested. An External Auditor may request access to any of our files for the purpose of compliance audit only and you will be advised in this instance.
4. Will we disclose the information we collect to anyone?
1. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
2. We may need to provide your information to contractors who supply services to us, e.g. to handle mailings on our behalf or to other companies in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. However, we will do our best to ensure that they protect your information in the same way that we do. As an example: we may disclose your personal information to external contractors for the following purposes:
1. storing information;
2. audit of company accounts; and
3. compliance framework review or/and audit
3. We may provide your information to others if we are required to do so by law or under some unusual other circumstances which the Privacy Act permits.
5. How can you check, update or change the information we are holding?
1. Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to allow us to identify the information, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate.
6. Internet Site
2. In the event you do register with us, we will collect personal information from you including your name and e-mail address. If you have registered with us and decide, at any time, that you do not wish to receive any further information from us, you can either send an email to the e-mail address noted below requesting to be removed from our online registration database or simply tick “unsubscribe” on your last piece of electronic mail from BJT Financial Services Pty Ltd. Please allow two weeks for your request to be actioned if it’s requested to be done manually.
7. Your consent
1. By asking us to assist with your accounting needs, you consent to the collection and use of the information you have provided to us for the purposes described above.